So, I did it. I got me a new job. I will be leaving the proving grounds of Travel Montana and moving past padawan stage to a full time position at Carroll College. I now am the official Web Developing Programmer for Carroll College in Helena, Montana ( prounounced ‘MOANTAYNA’ ). That of course is my official title, but I have been informed that my leet design skeelz will also be used for redesign and all new design of the Carroll College website. My boss is Loretta Andrews and I will be working for a small team of about 7 people. I will work very closely with a righteous dude named Jeff Wald, who I have been told also worked for the state. Hmmm…maybe we will together release the secret information that working for the state keeps us privy to. ;)
I will however miss the wonderful crew at Travel Montana and all of the great times that we had. Memories such as wheelchair races down the halls, calling my boss Betsy by the nickname ‘Bets’ repeatedly, some pretty wild times at the governor’s conference ( specifically running down the halls at 2am screaming at John to wait up whilst I am on crutches), blaring my german techno music and annoying everyone, proving my home-schooledness, etc…The list goes on and on. Anyhow, I had some great times and had the opportunity to spend time with a ton of great people such as: Corrie Hahn, Brian Pierce, Thurston Elfstrom, Jan Wirak, Deb Knudsen….wait a sec, this makes me think. I love making lists, so here is a list of people and memories.
- Corrie Hahn: For the great comradery and hangout times that we had, also for all the appreciation of my work
- Thurston Elfstrom: For being hetero lifemate, second to Ed, wait maybe first. Anyhow, for being my bud and teaching my everything you know, which took about a day. ;)
- Brian Pierce: For showing me how to work and have fun at the same time. Also for flirting with me. It really made me feel good. Ohh, and for not hating me forever, even though you did at the beginning.
- Dan Bethke: For showing me the importance of commenting my code and showing me StupidVideos.com. Also for being the Darth Vader of sick jokes, then promoted to Emperor of sick jokes.
- Deb Knudsen: For being such a crazy kook. You showed me that it is still cool to be eccentric, which I am. P.S…..gonna miss you randomly dancing to my music.
- Jan Wirak: For being such a great example for work, both in life and working out. Also for being such a great Christian woman, even in your humanity.
- Betsy Baumgart: For liking me even though I am abnoxious. Also for being understanding in the hard times
- Carol Crockett: For being cool with the horrible nickname I gave you (“crotchless”), making wonderful onions and jalapenos, and for just being one cool, down to earth great chick.
- Kristi Wood: For being one heck of a karoake singer, a funny and cool chick that can just hang with the guys. You rock.
- Rick Watts:
For being a great source of wisdom, spiritual guidance, and still one heck of a cool guy. Very wierd. Loves wierd rock, but still very cool.
Ok, my fingers are getting tired. Maybe I’ll come back and write more but thats that for now. Anyway, last Thursday, Travel Montana put on a great leaving party for me and they all seemed that they would geniunely miss me. Hmmm….we will see how that works out.
Just for grins, here is a picture of the old boss, the rear Admiral Corrie Hahn AKA “Admiral Salty” AKA “Cappin’” AKA “Hahn Job” AKA “Cory Doras”. My new boss is Loretta Andrews, who I do not yet have a picture of. So, wish me luck on my new job. I know I’m gonna love it!