We all know that McDonald’s ain’t so good for us. However, some of us keep going back. I remember when I watched Super Size Me for the first time. I agreed with the film and it’s research. I previously had tried to stay away from fast food. For the most part, I still do. However, after watching about 2 hours of delectable french fries and burgers, I wanted one real bad. The film had the opposite effect on me. I had stayed away from McDonald’s so long, that it made me long for a grease-soaked, salty box o’ fries. It made me want a huge Coke. It made me want a McGriddle.
So, yeah I know its bad for me. But occasionally I break down and buy a delicious artery clogger from McDonalds.
For my first Howto concoction, I wanted to show the public a delicious breakfast sandwich, the McRogie:
The McRogie Breakfast Sandwich: Ingredients
- Sun-Maid Raisin Bread (or any cinnamon raisin bread you like)
- A few eggs (for french toast)
- A splash of vanilla
- A splash of milk
- Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Grey Poupon Mustard (insert mustard of choice here)
- Swiss Cheese
The McRogie Breakfast Sandwich: Preparation
- Mix a few eggs with a splash of milk and a splash of vanilla (french toast style)
- Dip the raisin bread in the egg mixture (both sides). Give it about a minute to soak in.
- Slap your soaked raisin bread on a frying pan and cook that sukka till its light brown.
- Cook up yer bacon till its done how you like it. I like it crispy, yet flippy (if thats possible). Ohhh…and yes, that is a technical term, so use it.
- Once the bacon is done, slap the swiss cheese and the bacon on one half of the french toast bread.
- Slather the other peice of french toast with Grey Poupon (I like it thick baby)
- Smush the two halves together and enjoy….
If you make this or have any other ideas to make this better, let me know. Also, check back for more howto’s in the future.